St. Christopher School
St Christopher School is excited to be again offering a cross country running program for children in grades 2 – 5. The school will participate in several races, including the Nashua PAL City Championship Cross Country Meet for elementary schools (grades 2-5). Students in grade 6 will participate at Nashua Catholic Jr. High School.
The goals of this program are:
- Have fun.
- Get outdoors and get some exercise.
- Learn how to work within a large group of participants.
- Improve race time throughout the season.
- Learn proper running techniques and learn to run the race distance non-stop.
Race distances are:
- Grades 2 & 3: 2k or about 1 mile
- Grades 4 & 5: 3k or 1.86 miles
- Grade 6: racing is done with Nashua Catholic, as well as most workouts.
Cost: There is a cost of $35/runner or $60/family fee associated with the program. This cost includes:
- A shirt
- Race entry fees (3 races last year with fees)
- End of year party.
When: 3:00 to 4:30 PM, Mondays and Wednesdays when there is school (weather permitting).
Where: Sargent Park. The children will be escorted from the school over to Sargent Park.
Equipment: shorts, shirt, a good pair of running shoes, and a water bottle.
Pickup: By 4:45 PM at the school. After 4:45 students will be placed in After Care. Additional charges will apply.
Registration: For safety reasons, the team is limited to 75 runners. If your child would like to participate, please register him or her below. Registrations will ONLY be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. If no team member slots are available, please sign your child up on the waiting list and children will be accepted as space becomes available.
Questions can be directed via email to [email protected].
Coach Stacey Marino