Good news! WCP is expanding it's offerings starting this week.
The pool board and manager are working very hard to provide the pool membership with more opportunities for everyone to sign up and enjoy the pool. Please be mindful of the rules when registering and when going to the pool. We ask all members to please help the lifegaurds by following all of the guidelines of entering, exiting and hanging out in the pool.
Guidelines for Pool Use:
- Taking down all but two lap lanes to create a free swim area
- Allowing up to 50 members to move freely between the free swim area, the deep end, and the baby pool. Everyone must continue to maintain 10 feet of distance between themselves and others, both on the deck and in the water.
- The basketball hoop will not be available at this time.
- Two lap lanes will remain for those who wish to only swim laps and/or prefer to continue to distance themselves from others.
- It will no longer be necessary to sign-up specifically to use the deep end. Both boards will be available for use, but swimmers must continue to maintain 10 feet of distance between themselves and others while waiting for their turn on a board. We will mark the concrete to denote the queue for the boards. If no Xs are available to stand on, please come back later when the diving area is less crowded.
**NEW** Guidelines for Registering for a Timeslot:
- You MUST PRE-REGISTER for a time slot. The only way to come if you haven’t registered is to call that morning to see if there are any openings. DO NOT register online on the day you are planning to show up. Doing so means that you risk being turned away at the door; guards are handling add-ons by phone, only.
- You may sign up for 1 time slot a day Monday through Sunday. Everybody wants to swim, so please be considerate.
- Please remember to select the number of people in your group when you sign up.
- No guests
Other Things to Note:
- No group play is permitted (Marco Polo, Sharks and Minnows, Basketball, Volleyball, etc). We must maintain 10 feet of physical distancing.
- Always bring your mask! You will need it while checking in, using the restrooms, any interactions with the lifeguards, walking around the pool, and leaving the pool area.
- Please be considerate of our guards and managers! Keep your distance, and remember to put on your mask when interacting with them.
- The breezeway is not a hangout spot. Please use it only to enter the pool area; do not linger there.
- Exit the pool through the side gate, not the breezeway.
- Only one person/family is allowed in the bathhouse at a time. The shower is closed.
We are doing our best to provide a fun, memorable, successful, and safe summer for all our members. We will monitor our new guidelines, and will modify them, as needed. As always, we will keep you updated via newsletter, the pool website, and Facebook.
Thank you for your continued support, and choosing to be a part of the Williamsburg Community Pool family!