Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
I'm so excited to tell you that we are ready to begin some in person lessons again on Sunday mornings! I have been working with Pastor and our MCC to make sure that we are continuing to follow the Health & Safety Guidelines given to us by the state and the health department. We are confident that we can adhere to the guidelines and provide some in person opportunities to our students. Keep reading to see what we're planning:
- We will begin some in person lessons on campus in the library starting next Sunday 2/14/2021. We will continue to meet from 9:15-10:15am.
- We will meet as one group, and will stay in the library throughout our class time.
- We are creating a sign up link available on the church website. You will use this just like you use the sign up links for attending church in person. We are limited to having 8 students sign up per week.
- We will also begin providing recorded lessons again. These will be available on the church website under "Get Involved>BLAST." With the recorded lesson you will also find copies of the hand outs/activities if you prefer to participate in BLAST at home. These will be made available weekly.
- We will have arrival and departure procedures which involve a self check in that parents will have to complete when they drop their student off at the classroom door. Students will need to be dropped off and picked up by a parent each Sunday. We cannot allow students to be in the building unchaperoned at this time.
- The Narthex will be an available space for parents to wait for their student until class is over.
- Students will need to wear a mask throughout the entire class time and we will have hand sanitizer available for use. Children will be encouraged to social distance in the classroom as much as possible.
We are hopeful that as the metrics begin to show positive trends we will be able to offer BLAST to more students on Sunday mornings. We encourage you to consider how you and your family will participate in Children's Ministry and we welcome any thoughts, suggestions and help for our program. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at this email.
I am really looking forward to seeing all of your children again. I miss them and I pray for them often. Please keep our Children's Ministry in your prayers as we work to make in person learning possible again.
Thank you and Stay Warm!
525 63rd St, Downers Grove, IL 60516
|| Jennifer Reynolds