Thank you for supporting our food drive to help members of our B-CC area community and familes throughout Montgomery County.
If you are willing to donate one or more bags of non-perishable groceries, please use the sign-up to let us know. Fill a bag(s) with the suggested items (list below) and leave it in the wagon in front of 3200 Farmington Drive, Chevy Chase, MD (first house on the left as you go up Farmington and just off of Jones Mill Road and East-West Highway. Please leave bags in front of our garage door. Prefer a contactless pick up of your donation? Email Patty at [email protected] and we can arrange to pick it up if left on your front steps.
You can drop off bags anytime between now and January 23. We would very much appreciate receiving this round of grocery donations by no later than the end of the day on Saturday, January 23!
To insure the safety of all, please DO NOT participate in the food drive if anyone in your household is experiencing coronavirus symptoms or has been exposed to someone who is exhibiting such symptoms. All bags will be held for three days before delivery as a further precaution.
Thank you so much for your support of this important and local cause!
Riley Petersen, Kelsea Petersen, and Patty McDermott
Suggest items for each bag:
- 2 packages of grains such as rice, pasta, or stuffing mix
- 2 canned vegetables
- 2 proteins such as canned chicken or fish, beans (canned or dried), nuts or nut butter
- 1 canned fruit such as applesauce or small shelf-stable packages of fruit in syrup.
- 1 can of cranberry sauce for the holiday!
- 1 box breakfast cereal or oatmeal
- 1 boxed milk
- other family-friendly kitchen staples such as soup or pasta sauce
- 1-2 child-friendly snacks
- toilet paper, if you have extra to share
Feminine and personal hygiene products (e.g., pads, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, etc.) are also frequently requested. If you have extras of any of those to share, please donate them in a separate bag. If you can't complete a full bag, we'll take whatever you have and can round out from other donations!
|| Patricia McDermott