Pittsburgh Yoga Therapy
Thank you for your interest in volunteering or donating to the Empower Program.
Empower is a free 10-week program focusing on yoga, wellness, and self-awareness to help support women in McKeesport. Throughout the program we will explore the idea of wellness, practice yoga together and build a community full of strength and peace.
We are in need of volunteers to help support the program! You can help by...
1. Providing Child Care during the yoga class in the church nursery. You must have your clearances in order to help with child care. See links below if you need to get your clearances - they are free for volunteers. Child care is available to participants from 12:15-2:15pm each Thursday. Please plan to arrive between 11:45-Noon and get acclimated to the space. I am required to have 2 child care volunteers per week.
2. Providing healthy snacks and beverages for the participants and the children. See drop-off/delivery options below.
3. Donating gift cards for supplies, anytime before the program starts and until November 1st.
4. Yoga/Snack volunteer to help set-up, during the class and clean-up after. You will also help serve snacks before and after class. Plan to be an extra pair of helping hands during the yoga class.
St. Stephen's Church address: 220 8th Street McKeesport, PA 15132
SNACK & BEVERAGE DROP-OFF OPTIONS:
1. My house in Lawrenceville Wednesday between 6pm-8pm (the day before the class) or by 9am on Thursday morning (the day of the class) 4213 Sherrod St. 15201, you can leave items right inside the front door.
2. Mookshi Wellness Center by Tuesday at 11:30am (two days before the class meets) - if you need to use this option, feel free to donate the ingredients and we will make the snack the day of the class.
3. At St. Stephen's church by Noon on Thursday (the day of the class) - church will be open at 11:30am. You are welcome to put snack together in the church kitchen and stay and serve.
CLEARANCES FOR CHILD CARE VOLUNTEERS:
If you don't have your clearances, here are the links to get them (they are FREE for volunteers):
PA Child Abuse History Clearance
Criminal Record Check
Thank you to Candace Skibba, Donna Hansen, Cara Freidheim, the Mookshi Wellness Center community, Jason Togyer and St. Stephen's Episcopal Church for their support of the program.
This program is a collaboration between Pittsburgh Yoga Therapy and the "How Well?" Project in the Center for Arts and Society at Carnegie Mellon University
|| Ali Popivchak