Fellowship Hosts – Fall 2018
Hosts are needed to provide simple "finger food" refreshments to accompany coffee and tea – which are provided by St. David’s -- for an informal gathering in the Sailer Room on Sunday mornings. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a slot after either Sunday morning service.
- Arrive approximately 15 minutes before the service and plate your ‘goodies’ on plates/platters available in the Sailer Room kitchenette. If you prefer, you may use your own plates/platters. Cover with plastic wrap (also available in the kitchens), and set out on table.
- If you are doing refreshments for the 8 o’clock service but attending later, arrive by 8:40 to set out your goodies
- Suggestions for snacks include: cookies, muffins or mini-muffins, fruit, cheese, other bite sized baked goods of your choosing, etc. A pint of half and half is optional.
- Michael Johnson prepares the coffee, tea, table covers, etc.
- Immediately after the service come to the Sailer Room, take plastic off the platters, and act as host.
- The earlier Coffee hour will last from about 8:50 – 9:50 (during the education hour), and the later from approximately 11:15 – 11:45.
- It is not necessary to stay until the end of your appointed coffee hour, but when you do need to leave, make sure to neaten up the tables and replenish things as needed.
- If you are there to the end, plates/platters should be washed off and left to dry or put away. You may take your leftovers home or put them in the Great Hall kitchen freezer for future coffee hours.
|| Hannah Morehead