Volunteer to lead a group on a walk or bike ride through Providence. Leaders will determine the route (see list of recommended routes); the start and end times; whether the group will walk or bike; and, the maximum number of participants.
Walk: A local group has put together a list of several routes through the city, ranging from 1.5 to 4 miles long. Find maps of each route here (select the 5th option down - “Walk/Run/Bike Routes”).
- Route: Downtown Historic Self-Guided Walking Tour (2 miles)
- Route: West Side Historic Self-Guided Walking Tour (3.1 miles)
- Route: Waterplace Park/Riverwalk (3.85 miles)
- Route: East Bay Bike Path (14.5 miles)
- Route: East Side Historic Self-Guided Walking Tour (1.75 miles)
Biking: Jump provides an app-based bike rental (https://jump.com/cities/providence/; cost is $2 for 30 minutes). Please check with the company on availability. The Waterplace Park/Riverwalk and East Bay Bike Path (14.5 miles) is listed in the map noted above.
Please note: The Blackstone Boulevard, Neutaconkanut Hill, and Rome Point Trail are a considerable distance away from the hotel and likely require a car. We have not listed those as options below, but they can be added upon request.
If you have questions, please contact Jenna at [email protected].
|| NORDP Volunteer Committee