ST. MICHAEL'S EYC
Each Sunday, St. Michael's EYC shares together in community, fun, fellowship and a yummy meal prepared and served by a team of our amazing parents. Our EYC dinner is such a big part of this ministry and it’s all possible because of you!
Dinner is served at 6pm, between the middle and high school EYC programs. It works best to have a team of 3-4 parents prepare a nut-free & peanut butter-free meal with the following:
- an entrée
- salad or fruit
We ask that our EYC parents help prepare, serve & clean-up for only TWO meals during the EYC year. And don’t worry; we pair up our newer parents with our veterans so they can help show you the ropes! Thanks, in advance, for supporting Youth Ministry. You’ll find more details about food service and meal ideas below.
Abby Van Noppen
Director of Youth Ministry
- Arrive by 5pm to set-up and prepare food
- Serve dinner from 6pm to 6:30pm
- Clean up and wash dishes at 6:30pm
- No items with nuts or peanut butter should be served at all. Oreos are a great dessert choice if you need an option.
- Vegetarian & gluten-free main dish options will be in the freezer if your meal plan cannot accommodate easily.
- There is a pre-selected menu of meals that have been successful. This is to ensure that all of our students are fed and will also help with meal preparation for our parents.
- We will send this out on a weekly basis to the serving parents. If you have a meal idea, you are still free to prepare that meal, just let Marguerite Horan know by email [email protected]
- Taco bar
- Baked potato bar
- Breakfast for dinner
- Chicken strips
- Sub sandwich bar
- Spaghetti/spaghetti casserole
- BBQ pork or chicken sandwiches
- Meatball subs
St. Michael’s will provide the following items and they will either be in the kitchen or in the EYC pantry closet:
- Plates and cups (dishwasher safe)
- Forks, spoons, knifes (dishwasher safe)
- Ready-to-make lemonade and water
- Compost buckets
- Other supplies can be found in the EYC pantry closet right off of the kitchen
- Turn on dishwasher
- Turn on range hood if you are using stove or oven; the oven can take 30 minutes to warm up/plan accordingly
- Note garbage disposal is located in sprayer sink by dishwasher. ON and OFF buttons are separate and are located just under the edge of the sink.
Set-Up and Food Service
- Food set-up will be on the buffet line, with plates at the start of the buffet
- Parents will need to stand behind the buffet and serve the students
- Napkins and silverware will be at the end of the buffet
- Lemonade and water pitchers will need to be set out at the drink station next to the ice machine, in the parish hall.
- Put ice in the ice machine and plug it in to the outlet for power
- In corner of parish hall by kitchen door there will be a ‘KP Duty’ table
The following can be set out after kids have gone through the line-
- set white compost buckets out (located on kitchen prep table)
- set out warm/soapy water bucket with clean rags for student clean up
- set out dirty rag collection bucket for student cleanup
- set out dustpan for student clean up
- the rest of these items will be in the EYC pantry closet
Composting & Clean-Up Table
- Compost bins will need to be set out on our ‘KP Table’
- One parent volunteer will need to supervise the compost bins once students start finishing their meal
- Students will scrape food on plates into compost bins
- Students will put plates, cups and silverware in proper receptacles/area
- Napkins and any 100% paper products can go into the compost bins
- Dump compost buckets out in the big compostable bin outside, to the left of the EYC pantry closet
- Run compost buckets through dishwasher
Once Food Service Is Complete
- Pre-rinse all dishes, pots and pans to remove food
- Run garbage disposal if needed. It is at the sink to the left of the dishwasher
- Wash all dishes, pots and pans, and silverware in the dishwasher
- Racks for the dishwasher are on the lower right area of the dish washing area
- Do not leave any unwashed dishes in the sink or on the counters
- When dishes, silverware and pots are cool enough to handle, please put the items back in place for the next group using the kitchen
- Wipe down all counters with spray cleaner hanging on the back of the sink.
- Sweep, mop or wipe up any food or spilled liquid on the floor. "WET FLOOR” signs are by the back door and should be used.
- Take all trash out to the dumpster (use dumpster on the right for trash and one on the left for recycling).
- Place new black garbage bags in the now empty trashcans (bags are under the cabinet where dirty dishes are collected).
- Take all leftover food unless Abby has asked that it be left. If she wants to keep it, please label the items with date and who it is being saved for
Checklist Before Leaving
- Make sure all areas used are clean, all dishes/items put up, and do not leave anything for staff to clean the next day
- Dirty/wet kitchen towels should be placed hanging ON THE SIDES of the green hamper by the pop machine
- NO TRASH OR FOOD SHOULD BE LEFT IN CANS OVERNIGHT
- Turn off dishwasher, exhaust hood, oven and stove
- Make sure the pilot lights on the stove are ON
- Lock the backdoor as you leave
Thank you again for your support of our EYC Suppers!
St. Michael's Youth Ministry Committee
St. Michael's Episcopal Church
|| Marguerite Horan