Grape Picking/Harvest Class - 101
- Class begins at 9:30am
- Cost $25 per person (cash only please)
- Includes lunch, beverages and a glass of wine per person 21 years of age and older.
- Please DO NOT bring outside beverages, this includes water as well. Our liquor license requires us to sell or provide all beverages consumed by our customers. Bottles of water will be available.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing, i.e. jeans, sneakers, workboots, rain boots if it's muddy.
- Grapes attract bees and other insects, there are often many bees around during picking, just a warning incase you are allergic to bee stings and other insect bites.
- Demonstration of installing and removing bird nets covering the vines.
- How to hand harvest grapes.
- Demonstration of our 1970 Chisholm Ryder harvester machine.
- Break for lunch
- Demonstration of destemming and crushing the grapes.
- Pressing of the grapes.
Any questions please call the winery (845) 663-6611
Please note: if we need to cancel due to weather you will be notified through this site via email.
Clermont Vineyards & Winery
241 County Rte 6, Germantown, NY 12526
|| Christina Dugan