Altar Set-Up starts at 9:15 am. Please be community-minded by showing up on time. We have 60 minutes to decorate 6 altars, 5 benches, 8 speakers, dj/sound area, kids area, pillow lounge & drape the balcony. When showing up for your shift, please check in with Jade Smith, Altar Set-Up Coordinator, to be assigned a specific area BEFORE moving fabric and altar items. In exchange for you service, free admission will be honored on that day's dance. We appreciate your commitment in this co-creation process. (Those arriving after 9:40 may no longer be needed, as all areas will have been assigned.) Please sign up for one spot, per person. If you have friends who would like to volunteer, they need to sign up on their own.
Set Up Guidelines:
1. Please do not wrap or tie knots in the fabric used on speaker poles when decorating. (It makes it harder for Sound Crew to tear down)
2. Please make sure the front and back of the subwoofers are not covered with fabric.
3. Please wrap the bottom of speakers poles with black fabric (from the bin marked black fabric covers for speakers) & avoid using super long pieces for covering poles. (Longer hanging pieces are tripping hazzards when they extend to the floor)
4. Please do not connect long pieces of fabric from one speaker pole to the next. (This is a major safety hazzard, in which speakers can fall on people)
5. Please make sure fabric used on tables and chairs extends to the floor to conceal the legs.
6. Please make sure the blanket for the kids area stays on the carpet & off the dance floor. (Slipping hazzard)
Altar Strike Strike starts immediately after dance ends and before personal shares begin. Please sign up for ONE spot, per person. If you have friends who would like to volunteer, they need to sign up on their own. Upon arrival to dance, please check in with greeter at the door to get your name checked off the list. After dance, please check in with Dan'el Nighting, Altar Strike Coordinator, on the mirror-side of the room. Volunteers are required to complete the entire strike process before leaving the ballroom. Parking enforcement begins at 1:00pm,
1. Please collect all fabric and altar items and bring to mirror side of room.
2. Please collect clips that are attached to fabric & put on back table by mirror.
3. Fabric goes in a pile on the floor, divided up by color & folded into piles.
4. Please note the label on the bins and place fabric in them accordingly.
**If unexpected circumstances arise and you cannot make your shift, please remove your name from the Sign Up Genius by 8:30 am the day of dance.
—Sacred Circle Dance Community
|| Sacred Circle Dance