Daytona Beach Drive In Christian Church
We are looking for friendly, out-going volunteers to help spread the true message of Christmas to the members of the community. Sign up today to help bring the village of Bethlehem to life by being a shopkeeper, an angel, a wiseman, or even a shepherd. We have a space for YOU!
We've made some changes this year due to COVID-19:
1. We will have 4 nights instead of 3: December 17-20.
2. We will shorten the time each night - meaning there will be no shift change - eliminating the need to change costumes and having too many people in one space. The event will run 6:00-8:00pm.
3. All volunteers are asked to take their costume home and launder them, returning them the next day clean and ready for use. NOTE: If you're volunteering for consecutive days, then you can wash yours when you're done. Double NOTE: If you cannot return your cleaned costume the next day, we will have some people available to take on that task.
4. We have eliminated homemade cookies this year, but are looking at pre-packaged ones to be handed out by a masked/gloved volunteers at the bakery.
5. Characters will NOT need to be masked if they are not approaching vehicles and are not with anyone who is not in their household at their location. Basically, as long as a 6ft distance can be maintained, then masks are optional.
6. We have a couple volunteers making some neutral colored masks for this event and those will be available for the positions that need them.
7. There will be NO food served during this event for our volunteers, so please come having eaten something.
8. We have eliminated the Saturday afternoon children's event.
9. Please plan to come just early enough to get dressed and then we ask that you step outside...keeping as few people as possible indoors at a time.
|| Melissa Frantz