CenterStage Theatre Company
Directed by Shelly Cox-Robie
Performances July 20-29 at Dairy Arts Center in Boulder
CenterStage Theatre Company announces open auditions for our Summer 2018 production of CABARET on May 25. Callbacks will be held on May 26 from 11am-4pm. Auditions, Callbacks and Rehearsals are at CenterStage Studios at Koko Plaza 901 Front Street, Lower Level, Louisville, Colorado.
All actors must be aged 14-20 to be eligible to audition.
In a Berlin nightclub, as the 1920’s draw to a close, a garish Master of Ceremonies welcomes the audience and assures them they will forget all their troubles at the CABARET. With the Emcee’s bawdy songs as wry commentary, CABARET explores the dark, heady, and tumultuous life of Berlin’s natives and expatriates as Germany slowly yields to the emerging Third Reich. Cliff, a young American writer newly arrived in Berlin, is immediately taken by English singer Sally Bowles. Meanwhile, Fräulein Schneider, proprietor of Cliff and Sally’s boarding house, tentatively begins a romance with Herr Schultz, a mild-mannered fruit seller who happens to be Jewish. Musical numbers include “Willkommen,” “Cabaret,” “Don’t Tell Mama” and “Two Ladies.”
Prepare approximately 32 bars of a musical theater song in the style of the show that shows off your range for the primary audition. PLEASE DO NOT SING A SONG FROM THE SHOW. Bring sheet music with your cut clearly marked; an accompanist will be provided. Please bring $10 cash to cover the cost of the accompanist. An MP3 track with accompaniment only is also acceptable (though not preferred), provided it is edited and cued correctly. No A Capella auditions.
All those auditioning are encouraged to provide a résumé of their theater and dance experience and training. Bring a headshot (this does not have to be a professional photo). Digital photos of all actors will also be taken at the auditions. Please bring a list of all potential conflicts including school events, work, travel, etc. for the time period through July 29. Any conflicts with the posted schedule must be discussed with the Director and agreed to before casting can be confirmed.
More information and an audition form will be emailed to you approximately one week before the auditions. The audition form must be completed before your audition.
All roles will be double cast to the extent that we are able. We look forward to meeting you at auditions!
If cast, tuition fee of $450 and costume fee of $50 apply. (A limited number of need-based scholarships are available)
*Note: We would love to have an extremely diverse cast, and actors of all types and ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
- Sally Bowles – The headlining British singer at the Kit Kat Klub
- The Emcee – The Emcee (MC: Master of Ceremonies) of the Kit Kat Klub, a leering, ghoulish, flamboyant figure
- Clifford "Cliff" Bradshaw – An American writer traveling through Berlin
- Fräulein Schneider – An older woman who runs the boarding house that Cliff and Sally live in
- Herr Schultz – An elderly Jewish fruit shop owner who falls in love with Fräulein Schneider
- Fräulein Kost – A prostitute who rents in Fräulein Schneider's boarding house
- Ernst Ludwig – A German man who befriends Cliff when he arrives in Berlin, later revealed to be a Nazi
- Rosie, LuLu, Frenchie, Texas, Fritzie, and Helga – The Cabaret Girls who perform alongside Sally at the Kit Kat Klub
- Bobby, Victor, Hans, and Herman – The Cabaret Boys of the Kit Kat Klub (Bobby and Victor are twins)
- Nazi Youth – A young boy involved in the Nazi Party.
- Sailors #1 and #2 – Fräulein Kost's sailors
- Nazi Guard – Ernst's bodyguard at the Kit Kat Klub
- Max – Owner of the Kit Kat Klub
05/25/2018 (Fri.) Location:
CenterStage Studios at Koko Plaza, 901 Front Street, Louisville, CO