Outdoor Worship in the Church Parking Lot:
Reservations Required by September 10
Sunday, September 13
8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
You are invited to worship and to celebrate Holy Communion with our congregation in the Cross of Christ Parking Lot. We will LIVE STREAM this worship service for the community on Facebook and on our Website.
These will be outdoor services because the consensus is that gathering outdoors is the safest option at this time.
***Each service will be limited to 23 family/individual units at this time, and you must register to attend. Please sign up for 1 slot per household and note the total number attending in the comments.***
The worship service will be very different from our usual Sunday worship and will be shorter. Congregational singing and speaking are not recommended because it spreads the droplets that contain coronavirus. There will be instrumental music, scripture, sermon, prayers, and Holy Communion.
Make your worship reservation by Thursday, September 10.
Here’s what you need to know:
- If you have a fever, cough, or have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19, we invite you to enjoy our online worship that morning.
- Plan to wear a mask for the entire worship, except when receiving Communion.
- You will enter through Lowell entrance as 121st Ave will be blocked off.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before worship so we have time to seat you.
- Please bring a chair and an umbrella. There is no shade in the parking lot.
- If you are in a high-risk group (over 65 or with health conditions), please consider carefully whether this gathering is appropriate for you.
- Communion will be pre-packaged and picked up as you enter your seating area.
- Please maintain a physical distance of six feet or more from others not in your household.
- You will be asked to go directly to your spot by the usher and when dismissed you will be asked to go directly back to your car.
- Please use the restroom before coming as the indoor restrooms will be for emergency use only.
This service is an experiment as we navigate all the unknowns regarding worship gatherings. Thank you for your patience and flexibility!
Recognizing that anytime there is a gathering of people, there is a level of risk for contracting the virus, by signing up for this worship service you are releasing Cross of Christ of all responsibility.
We need volunteers to help make this service happen! We need ushers to help direct traffic and help with seating of participants. We also need a team to help with set up and clean up. Please note - If you sign up to help with worship, you do not need to sign up to attend worship as you will be included in the "worship leader" count, not the "guest" count.
- It would be ideal if ushers could help for the entire morning, though we understand that might not be possible and will gladly welcome different volunteers for each service. If you can help for the whole morning, please sign up for more than one time slot.
- Because of social distancing guidelines, we encourage members of the same household to sign up to serve together.
- If we don't have volunteers, we will not be able to have these worship services.
See below for descriptions and expectations of volunteers.