A Just Harvest
On the 2nd Sunday of every month, Hakafa members bring and serve food at A Just Harvest's community kitchen. There are many ways you can help, including options that involve NO financial commitment.
- Pick up and serve chicken; this year, Hakafa's tzedakah fund will reimburse the cost; submit your receipt to Rona Elder.
- Bring and serve food you buy or prepare at home; donations are encouraged, but Hakafa can reimburse costs if needed.
- Serve food (no food provision nor financial commitment)
- Donate food to be used later that day at A Just Harvest; drop off at Religious School (Takiff Center, Glencoe) the 2nd Sunday of the month.
- Make a donation to cover the cost of the food others bring.
Please use the sign up form below. The time commitment is 4:00 to 6:30 pm. If you would like to be reimbursed for any food you purchase, please contact Monique ([email protected]) or Rona ([email protected]). Please know EVERYONE is needed and welcome to help, and there is no obligation to make a financial contribution.
• Please arrive between 4:00 and 4:15 pm for orientation and set-up. The meal is typically served at 5 pm.
• No sandals or shorts. Aprons, hairnets and gloves will be provided.
• Kitchen serving and cleaning is usually completed between 6:30 and 6:45 pm
• Children under 12 are not allowed on the hot food tray line due to safety concerns. The kitchen will find a job suitable for their age and abilities.
The A Just Harvest kitchen operates RAIN or SHINE. If you sign up and must cancel, PLEASE give as much notice as possible and try to find a REPLACEMENT. Thanks again for your commitment to this worthy endeavor!
A Just Harvest, 7649 N Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60626, (773) 262-2297
|| Monique Parsons