Alaska Youth Orchestras
MIDNIGHT SUNDAY, MAY 5, 2019
1. Before signing up for auditions please note that only high-school and college-aged musicians between 9th grade and age 22 are eligible to audition for and participate in AYO.
2. Please note that AYO is a private, non-profit 501c(3) organization that operates independantly. As such, all musicians who are accepted and choose to register for the 2019-20 season will be charged a tuition fee for the year. Please review our FAQ's page or contact us at [email protected] or (907)538-6406 for more information.
AYO Audition Policy:
- AYO Auditions are open to youth musicians who will be between 9th grade and age 22 as of August 2019.
- Every musician must audition each year.
- Response letters will be sent out via regular mail within 2 weeks time to everyone who auditions. - No Audition Fee refunds will be issued.
Please visit our website www.AlaskaYouthOrchestras.orgfor further information. Please email [email protected] any questions or concerns.
3. On your audition recording, please perform a solo that shows your technique and tone to good advantage. You can preform two short contrasting solos if you wish. Examples of solos include etudes, sonatas, and concertos. Please play scales up to four sharps and four flats, showing a variety of bowing/articulations. Your sheet music will tell you how many octaves you should preform. Please perform the SHEET MUSIC from the AYO website. If you are accepted to AYO you will need to sight read. Arrangements will be made for you to do this at the first rehearsal of the season.
4. Submit pre-recorded auditions to [email protected] - call 907-538-6406 if submission via email isn't possible.
5. No refunds will be issued.
|| Alaska Youth Orchestras