Thank you for giving your time to help the Food Bank of East Alabama in the fight to end hunger. Each volunteer is asked to work at least 2 hrs at a time, but you can sign up for a more than one slot.
Each month 84,000 pounds of product is worked in our salvage area so we need as many volunteers as we can get!!
*If you need to fulfill court-ordered or University-ordered Community Service, you must contact Crystal Fuller at (334)821-9006 to set-up your hours. You must schedule an appointment with her BEFORE scheduling your hours online*
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older to signup online. (If you would like to bring someone to volunteer that is under 16, prior approval from Michelle must be arranged.)
- Closed toed shoes are REQUIRED! No Flip-flops or sandals
- WE ASK YOU WEAR APPROPRIATE CLOTHING WHILE VOLUNTEERING WITH US. No revealing, tight yoga clothing or sagging pants permitted! NO TANK TOPS & SHORTS MUST MEET THE FINGERTIP RULE(when arms are down at side, short length must be at the same level as your fingertips!!) If you report to the food bank and your attire does not meet our rules, you may be asked to leave!
- No cell phone use while in the warehouse! This is time to give back, not social media time.
- No eating or drinking while in the warehouse! We will provide opportunities for breaks.
- The warehouse is Alabama-climate controlled so it gets quite hot in the summer and cool in the winter months. Dress accordingly and please follow our warehouse dress code rules.
- IF YOU ARE DOING YOUR HOURS FOR A CLASS OR ORGANIZATION, PLEASE LET THE FRONT DESK KNOW THESE HOURS ARE FOR SCHOOL!!
Food Bank of East Alabama
|| Michelle Held