Thank you for helping provide a warm welcome to our parishioners & guests, even in the days of COVID-19.
Usher and Greeter Responsibilities
- First-time volunteers, please arrive 40 minutes prior to Mass. Returning volunteers arrive 30 minutes prior to Mass.
- Please place two of baskets for offerings on the baptismal font. They are in the cabinet on the back wall by the Sacristy.
- Place 3 blue recycling bins at the exit door to the sanctuary for the worship aids. They are in the Sacristy -- the door to the Sacristy is between the sound board and the Baptismal font.
- There should be three greeters at the front doors and one at the back door. One greeter can open the outside door when people walk into church and the others should hand out worship aids at the front and back doors.
- Everyone MUST wear a mask. If they do not have one, please have them take one from the table at the entrance.
- Keep one person at door until 9:15 for late arrivers.
- The ideal number of ushers is 3. We are now using every other pew and there should be enough room for everyone. Ushers should step in to assist if it looks like the pews are filling up.
- At the end of Mass ushers are to dismiss pews for Communion. Once the presider has processed out begin at the last pew and move down to the front pew. Section C can be done first, followed by B and D simultaneously, making sure social distancing is being followed. The flow should be steady, but not to the point where people back up at the door. The last sections are followed by A and E and yourself.
Thank you for helping with this ministry.
St, Thomas Becket
4455 S. Robert Trail, Eagan, Minnesota 55123