United Way of Junction City/Geary County
How do you stuff a bus? And why would we want to? Because OVER 60% of Geary County public school students come from low-income families who often struggle to provide the supplies they need to succeed in school.
School will be starting before we know it, and parents will begin making tough choices about what they can afford. Help United Way gather supplies now to send kids back to school equipped to learn.
- When requesting to volunteer, please provide a number of volunteers and stick to the number.
- No more than 6 volunteers per door at Wal-Mart, 4 at Dillon’s.
- 2 Volunteers needed for supply runs (bringing supplies from the doors to the central location at Wal-Mart area only)
- Supply runners will be expected to bring back supplies from each door in a timely and safe manner.
- Supplies will need to be presorted before being placed on the bus for transport.
- Volunteers are not permitted to block entry into Wal-Mart or Dillon’s.
- Volunteers have to stay in the designated area at the entry to the stores. Please do not stand in the parking lot or crossing lanes in front of the stores.
- All volunteers under the age of 17 must have an adult or supervisor.
- Sorting and Counting:
- Mon. Wed. & Fri. 10am-2pm.
- Boxes should be no more than 20-25 lbs.
- Boxes cannot be closed until the director or supervisor has confirmed the count.
|| Nichole Mader