Troop 69 - MBC 8/10/19
We are pleased to announce our first Fall Merit Badge Clinic for Troop 69 - FREE to all our scouts!!!
When: August 10, 2019 Saturday
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (or whenever 2nd class is finished)
We will have an option to buy lunch for $10 or less (or you can bring from home.) Details coming soon.
- Due to some uncertainties of space availability, we are asking that each scout participating in the afternoon to signup for a 1st choice and a 2nd choice in the event we need to make class sizes smaller to fit the space we have available.
- The email used on the Signup Genius is the primary email for communication. However, we will also be asking for the Scout’s personal email to be used as communication for the requirements and any follow-up status necessary. These are the only emails we will use for communication.
Registration for Morning Water MBs:
- Select the same activity as you will be selecting for the August Campout.
- First Year Scouts: Fishing, Canoeing, and Kayaking
- All other Scouts:
- Fishing by Hunt Purdy,
- Canoeing by Bobby Singleton,
- Kayaking by Bruce Chaplin,
- Water Sports by Doug Johnson, or
- Motorboating by Doug Butler: Must be 14 years and older.
- You will work further on the badge during the Water Weekend Campout on August 16th-18th.
Registration for Afternoon MBs:
- Please signup for a first and second choice of Merit Badge courses you are interested in.
- Classes will be on a first come first serve basis based upon registration time.
- Focus on Elective MBs with our only Eagle Required MB offerings are Emergency Preparedness and Citizenship in the World.
- American Heritage by Chris Glass
- Dentistry by Pushpa Sundareswaran
- Electricity by Mike Wade
- Energy by Shaun Hunter
- Fire Safety by AFD (Alpharetta Fire Department) / Mike Wade signoff
- Game Design by Jason Gonding / John Hackett
- Home Repairs by Bobby Singleton
- Programming by Babu Krishnarao
- Citizenship in the World** by Mark Dunlap
- Emergency Preparedness** by Captain Joe Popadics, Emrg. Mgmt Accr. Mgr / Chris Glass signoff
“To Do’s” for the Clinic
- Wear Class A, bring Scout Book, and Bluecard if you have already picked it up.
- Sign-in desk will be located at the front of the MYC.
- * Home Repairs will be outside. Dress appropriately for Home Repairs (Class A not required).
- Classes will start promptly at 8:30 am and 12:00 pm – please be on time.
- Please bring a water bottle and snacks.
- Lunch at 11:30 (signup if you plan to purchase lunch, details TBD)
- Please bring paper and 1-2 writing pens/pencils.
- PDFs of the Worksheets per class are available at https://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Scouts_BSA_Portal. Please print these, review them, and bring to class.
All sessions are on a first come, first served basis.
Deadline to sign up is Sunday - August 4th.
Those shown in ** are Eagle-required merit badges
Please reach out to Kathy Peters at [email protected] or Ginger Hackett at [email protected] with any questions or comments.
Note: Ginger will have limited access to email from 7/24-8/4.
Date: 08/10/2019 (Sat.)
Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm EDT
|| Ginger Hackett