Emergency Rotating Shelter 2018-2019 at Joppatowne Christian Church
Thank you for your interest in helping with our weeks of the Emergency Rotating Shelter! We will be hosting our first week January 2-9, 2019.
Come spend some time getting to know our guests! Volunteers of any age are welcome, but children under 13 should be accompanied by an adult. Feel free to bring your favorite board game or activity to share. You may sign up for as many shifts as you would like.
**Please note that only the overnight shifts must have at least one male and one female volunteer**
If you are signing up to prepare a meal, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Meals should feed approximately 25-30 people.
- Breakfast is served at 7am (except Sunday which is at 8) and can be either cold (cereal, yogurt, fruit) or hot (oatmeal, casserole).
- Lunch (Monday-Friday) should consist of sandwich selections (ham, turkey, PB&J, etc) and snacks. Lunch foods should be brought to the church the night before so that our guests may take it with them when they leave in the morning. For example, if you sign up to provide lunch on Tuesday, please bring the food to the church on Monday evening so that lunches can be packed and ready for our guests to take with them when they leave on Tuesday morning. Not all guests will need to take lunches with them so plan for about 10 lunches.
- Lunch on Sunday does not need to be dropped off the night before and does not have to be sandwiches. It may be a hot meal if you choose and will be served at 12 noon.
- Dinner is served at 6pm and should be a hot meal. If possible, bring it in a crockpot or foil pan so that the meal can be kept warm until it is served. Sternos and chafing dishes available upon request.
- If you sign up to prepare dinner please leave a comment on your signup slot with what you plan to bring so that we can try and avoid duplicate meals.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Jessie Ferrigno (Site Coordinator) 443-799-1240
Adam Shellenbarger (Preacher) 410-870-9673
Church Address: 725 Trimble Rd, Joppa, MD 21085
|| Jessica Ferrigno