Early Education Building Volunteers
On your assigned day and time, come to the main entrance of the Early Education building - press the buzzer on the left side of the building and someone will let you in. You will be working in the main office immediately to your left as you walk in.
- There will be a VISTOR LOG binder either on the table or on the shelf to your right. PLEASE SIGN IN AND OUT! If the sheet is full, there is usually some blanks in the back of the binder. If you are using the last one, please make copies first before using.
- Place new sign in sheets on top of prior sign in sheets
- You will also find a copy of the Service Hours form in the back of the Visitor Log Binder. Fill this in and give to the teacher whose project you're working on before you leave. If you've worked on several teachers' projects, then just one teacher needs to sign the form. Please remember that these hours count toward your service hours for the school year 2018/2019
The volunteer’s responsibilities can be divided into two main sections – door duty and assisting teachers. Door duty:
- Parents will buzz the door when they come to pick up their children from after care (if you are working in the afternoon)
- Please verify that they are a parent/guardian and whom they are coming to pick up (after a while you will get to know the parents/ guardian). The children in after care will most likely be in Mrs. Nenna's class – so direct them there.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ASK THE PERSON WHY THEY ARE THERE – DON’T JUST OPEN THE DOOR AND LET PERSONNEL IN.
- On the desk, the teachers will place the work that they will need completed. This usually involves either making copies or assisting in getting “projects” ready for their class - cutting, taping, gluing, etc.
- The teachers provide a list of the work to be completed and the amount needed. Please check off the work you complete. In this manner, if a project is not completed, the next volunteer will know where you left off.
Thank you again for volunteering!
Early Education Building