Here 2 Help
Thank you for participating in the Here 2 Help food drive. Your generosity is greatly appreciated by the many families receiving this food aid. To date this group of B-CC high school students and parents have made over 1,300 deliveries of groceries totaling more than 35,000 pounds of food to families and neighbors in Montgomery County.
If you are willing to donate one or more bags of non-perishable groceries, please use the sign-up to let us know. Then purchase and bag the suggested items (list below), and leave the bag(s) on the platform in front of our garage (right side), at 3621 Littledale Road, near Kensington Parkway and right across from the Kensington Park retirement community.
Bags may be dropped off any day between 8 am and 8 pm. This week's drive will end on Friday 7/31.
Other ways to help:
- If you would like to volunteer to make deliveries, donate money, help recruit donors and volunteers, or would like more information, please visit www.here2helpmc.com
Thank you so much!
Suggest items for each bag (special need for bold items):
- proteins such as canned chicken or fish, beans, peanut butter/nut butter
- canned vegetables
- shelf-stable boxed milk
grains such as rice or pasta
- canned fruit or applesauce
- breakfast cereal or oatmeal
- other family-friendly kitchen staples, such as cooking oil or pasta sauce
- child-friendly snacks
- toilet paper (if you have it to share)
Soap/hand soap, toothpaste, cleaning products, and other non-food items have also been requested. If you have extras of any of those to share, please donate them in a separate bag.
(Bolded items are of particular need right now.)
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!