Thank you for your interest in serving as a Food Bank volunteer!
CommUnity is excited to re-open for client-choice shopping on November 9 at our new space in Pepperwood Plaza - 1045 HWY 6 E, Iowa City!
Review the following information before arriving at your shift:
- Wear comfortable clothing, closed-toed shoes, and dress for the weather.
- Park in the main plaza parking lot and enter through the door marked "Entrance."
- Be prepared to lift approx 25 pounds and work both in and out of doors.
- Minors 13-15 years of age may volunteer, but must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Minors 16+ may volunteer independently.
If you are volunteering with CommUnity Food Bank for the first time, please arrive to your shift 15 minutes early to review procedures and answer COVID-19 screening questions.
Safety, well-being, and access to service are our top priorities. In accordance with local and national COVID-19 precautions, CommUnity has implemented the following safety procedures:
- Staff and volunteers will have their temperatures taken upon arrival.
- Volunteers will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and may be asked to leave if they are exhibiting any symptoms.
- Masks are required for all staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Face shields are available for staff and volunteers.
- Gloves are available for staff and volunteers and are required when handling produce.
- Front desk volunteers will work behind plexiglass barriers.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Food Bank.
- All client seating is spaced 6 feet apart.
- All shopping carts and pagers will be sanitized between uses.
- All surfaces (chairs, doors, bathrooms, tables, etc.) will be sanitized throughout the day.
Please, DO NOT sign up for a shift if any of the following statements are true for you:
- I have a fever of 100.4 or higher.
- I have a runny nose, cough, or sore throat.
- I have traveled outside of Iowa in the past two weeks.
- I have been in personal contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
|| Food Bank Department Manager