Parent committe Sign ups
Parent committee Sign Ups. Ways that you can help!
Per child enrolled in a production at CSCT, 6 hours minimum volunteer hours are expected.
Being involved in one of our parent committees is a great way for you to not only help CSCT, but is also a great opportunity to meet other parents and make a personal investment in your child's experience at CSCT.
Here is a brief description of our parent committees. If you have questions, please feel free to email me
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to a great CSCT production!
Parent committee information
*Indicates chairperson, person in charge of coordinating committee
1. Tech week dinners-*Rosy will do the shopping for the week. However there may be supplemental items that need to be purchased throughout the week such as salad stuff. Each night of tech. week, dinner is prepared by 2-4 parents. Tasks involved: You will be provided with a general cooking guide and prep. suggestions.
2. Prepare dinner for the cast/crew/staff and volunteer parents each night of tech. Approximately 55 people total.
3. Set up and cook, using the church kitchen while kids are rehearsing. Dinner is usually served around 6:30 pm. We try to make sure each meal has a vegetarian option along with a side vegetable, salad and or fruit. Beverages can include, water and lemonade or juice. Desert can be cookies, brownies.
4. Closing Day Pot Luck, This takes place after our closing day performance and is for the cast, crew, parents and siblings of CAST and CREW. Parents will help strike the set, clear the chairs and set up tables. Once we have cleaned up, it’s time to eat and celebrate! This is a special time that the cast and crew really look forward too. We hope that you will make room in your schedule to attend this. During the potluck, myself, other staff members will give memory books to each cast and crew member. As we give each member their memory book, we will recognize spacial things about each member. For the Pot Luck, we try to balance the entrees, salads/side dishes, and desserts. The Committee members shop, cook/bake, set up, and clean up for both events, although many times the other parents help out too. I will send an additional sign up link for food dishes as we get closer to closing day.
5.Backstage supervision-Parents signed up for this, are expected to supervise the children and help them with costumes etc..during the show. They are also expected to be there 30 mins. Prior to show time and expected to stay 15-30 min. after the show is over.
6.Coffee and concessions- Help members of CREW sell refreshments before start of show and during intermission.
Parents signed up for this are expected to help prepare and distribute food and beverages to patrons and handle money during intermission. Make regular and decaf coffee.
7.Baked Goods for intermission refreshments-We need people willing to make baked goods for our refreshments table. Baked goods should be individually wrapped.
8.Hair and Make up- Parents signed up for this are expected to assist children with their hair and make an hour and a half prior to show time.
9.Tickets- Parents signed up for this are expected to help with ticket sales an hour prior to show time through the first 30 min of the start of show. If you have never done this before, it is very easy. Come a few minutes early and I will give you a tutorial.
10. Candy Grams- Make candy grams and sell before the start of each show. Be creative! In addition to making up approximately 100-200 candy grams for each show, there needs to be a person to sell before and during intermission.
11.Costumes/props-*Chair person needed. Chairperson to coordinate between parents, making sure that there is constant communication among the committee as to who is taking care of what costumes etc...the people on the costume committee will have to be willing to commit time during CSCT rehearsals to fit children for costumes. You don't have to have sewing skills to help with this committee there are many other ways to help.
- Costume assignment/fittings - 2
- Sewing/Alterations - 2
- Costume collection post-production - 2
12. School Day Performance-Supervise during performances 2 morning performances
13. Publicity-*anyone willing to help advertise our show and put posters up at their schools, workplace and local businesses. Post on online calendars, Next door neighbor etc...
LOCATION: Mission Hills United Church of Christ 4070 Jackdaw Street, San Diego, Ca 92103
|| Rosy Dawn Selwitz