**Do NOT use the green button above that says "create a sign up". Instead, read and continue to scroll down this entire page.**
Welcome to our 4-year old pre-k registration site.
Eligibility for Putnam County 4-year old Pre-K for the 2020-21 school year: Your child must reside in Putnam County. Your child's birth date must be between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016. There are three exceptions to this age rule that we will consider:
- your child has an IEP with two or more developmental delays;
- your child's 4-year old Putnam County Pre-K teacher recommends they repeat the program; or
- your child is five years old and has not previously attended Pre-K. Your five year old must go through a kindergarten readiness screening to be considered for Pre-K. The result of that screening will determine whether your child should enroll in Pre-K or kindergarten.
Pre-k will be four days a week (Monday-Thursday) for 2020-21 at all sites. Pre-K will consist of a 6 hour and 15 minute day. Class times vary by site. The “Parent’s Information Table” found in the filing cabinet below will give you all of the information about each site so that you can make a decision on which site you would like for your child to attend. You may also want to visit www.putnamschools.com and select "parents", then "pre-k" to see pictures of the classrooms. You will be asked to choose your top four based on your family’s needs.
To register you will need to:
- Use the dark blue button that says "sign up" near "Pre-k Registration", then click the "submit and sign up" button to open up the questionnaire.
- Complete all of the questions. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Complete a registration packet. These will be available on February 26 for pickup at all elementary schools, existing pre-k sites, Putnam County Schools' central office, Putnam County main or branch libraries, or Putnam County Schools' website. Keep your packet—it will be turned in at a later date.
On February 21, the Putnam County Pre-K Core Team will review on-line questionnaires received up through February 20 and assign those children to a site based on the selection criteria sheet. You will receive an email during the week of February 24 notifying you of the site your child has been assigned to and the next steps to complete the registration process. These next steps MUST be completed in order to finish the registration process.
Feel free to call Nancy Joplin, 304-586-0500 ext. 1133 with any questions.