Temple Beth Shalom Mitzvah Crew
Temple Beth Shalom joins up with Pilgrim Congregational and the UU Fellowship of Bozeman on the fourth Thursday of every month to help serve food at the Community Cafe.
By relying on volunteers, the Community Cafe provides meals six nights a week to customers who are encouraged to pay what they can.
The Community Cafe is at 302 N. 7th in Bozeman. Volunteer shifts last from 4:30 pm to about 7:30 pm, and the duties can include serving food, plating food, washing dishes, and other random duties.
Please sign up here for any Beth Shalom volunteer slot you are able to fill.
All volunteers MUST:
- Be able to stand for 3 hours, use a mop and a broom, and lift moderately heavy items.
- Arrive at 4:30 and stay until 7:30. If you can't stay the whole time, then please don't volunteer that evening.
- Listen to the Evening Shift Lead, and follows his/her directions. Defer to staff and let them make decisions throughout the evening.
- Stay for the entirety of your shift! No sharing your shift with another volunteer.
- Enter through the brown double doors to the left of the main entrance.
- Wear closed-toe shoes and avoid wearing revealing or inappropriate clothing. One position requires a hat, so if you don't want to wear one of ours, please wear your own.
- Be a minimum of 14 years old!
- Park on Beall Street rather than in our parking lot to make space for our patrons.