Feed The Kids
Volunteer to Feed the Kids
Please join us to FEED THE KIDS!
Sign up below to help us.
PACK DAYS - we pack thousands of bags of non-perishable food at our warehouse at 515 Raleigh Ave, in El Cajon 92020
DOORDASH DELIVERY DISTRIBUTION - we check in and pack DoorDash delivery cars with food for our families at Mountain View Community Center at 641 S Boundary Street San Diego, CA 92113.
To all of our volunteer opportunities:
- Wear closed toed shoes [no sandals]
- Bring bottled water
- Do not bring a large backpack or purse. We are not responsible for personal items. We love fanny packs!
- Park on Raleigh Ave on either side of the street [free parking]
- Optional: volunteers are able to receive food to take home
Children ages 11 and over are invited to volunteer.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult [one adult can be responsible for more than one child]
- Bring snacks and books [in case they get hungry or need to take a break]
- Sign up for both Youth and Adult below
We will email you with the latest details a few days before the day you volunteer.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
Thank you so much! Together, we Feed the Kids!
IAATK response to the COVID19 Health Crisis. The Feed the Kids Feed the Kids Program has been asked to stay operational and continue to provide food to the needy families.
Below are the adjustments that we are making at the Feed the Kids Food Program:
We are making our food distributions “no touch service."
1. As to shopping for their items, families will now receive pre-packed bags of fresh produce, bread and non-perishable food in walk up service,drive thru or delivery
2. Pre-packaged bags will speed up the distribution .
3. We will require clients for walk up service to stand 4 to 6 feet apart while in line.
4. Volunteers will also stand/sit 4 to 6 feet apart
5. If volunteers are available, we will extend the service hours to reduce the number of people on site at any given time.
The Feed the Kids Food Pantry is equipped with the following to reduce the spread of germs:
· Non-latex, vinyl gloves
· Clorox wipes
· Access to sinks with hot water and soap for proper hand washing
We are also following the General COVID-19 recommendations:
1. Immediately send home any staff and/or volunteers if they display signs of illness.
2. Allow staff and volunteer breaks for proper hand washing (wash for a minimum of 20 seconds).
3. Increase the visibility and importance of hand washing in the restrooms and throughout the food pantry.
4. Provide gloves to all staff and volunteers.
5. Advise people to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth whenever possible.
We will update everyone with any developments that may impact or change our program and continue to take direction from the CDC, Health Department, San Diego Food Bank, Feeding San Diego and other appropriate agencies to ensure we are implementing the appropriate measures to create a safe environment for our staff, volunteers and clients.
Sign up and have fun with us!
Sign up below!
|| Angela Brannon-Baptiste