Feed The Kids
Volunteer for It's All About the Kids® Foundation's Feed The Kids Program!
It's All About the Kids® Feeds Kids! Become a Volunteer Team Member!
Through our FEED THE KIDS program, we provide families with up to 40 pounds of fresh and non-perishable food. We will be receiving the food from the Food Bank, Panera Bread, Rubicon Deli, Feeding San Diego, Fancy Produce and other donations. We distribute to kids and their families from all over San Diego.
Please see below for the days and times we distribute.
This form is a request for a volunteer shift. An IAATK representative will contact you via email to confirm your volunteer date, provide address for distribution location and more details. We send out an email with details the day before your volunteer shift. Things are always changing during these trying times, and we try to give you the most accurate information.
We need your help to make our food distrubutions happen.
We welcome groups from businesses, schools, colleges, faith-based organizations and civic groups. Groups of 5 volunteers or more, please Email us at [email protected]
Individual Volunteers - Join our Team!
As of May 3, 2021, we have a new location.
We are restructuring and will be posting the new volunteer opportunities soon.
At the new location, we will:
- Unpack cases of non-perishables and fresh produce
- Pack bags
- Clean Up
- Have fun while giving back
Are you under 18 or your child is? We WELCOME Youth Volunteers!
Youth Volunteers must be 11 years of age or older and accompanied by an adult [one adult for every 4 youth]. We can provide community service letters for hours worked.
- Please wear casual clothes with tennis shoes
- No flip flops or sandals please
- We are outside, so please dress according to the weather. When it is hot, avoid wearing all black
- please do not bring a large bag or backpack as there is no storage and we can not be responsible for any loss or stolen items.
- we love fanny packs!
IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 crisis, below are the adjustments that we are making at the Feed the Kids Food Pantry:
We are making our food distribution a “no touch service."
1. As to shopping for their items, families will now receive pre-packed bags of fresh produce, bread and non-perishable food in a drive thru or walk in service.
2. Pre-packaged bags will speed up the distribution and minimize interaction
3. For the walk ups, we will ask clients to stand 3 to 6 feet apart while in line.
4. If volunteers are available, we will extend the service hours to reduce the number of people on site at any given time.
The Feed the Kids Food Pantry is equipped with the following to reduce the spread of germs:
· Non-latex, vinyl gloves
· Clorox wipes
· Access to sinks with hot water and soap for proper hand washing
We are also following the General COVID-19 recommendations:
1. Immediately send home any staff and/or volunteers if they display signs of illness.
2. Allow staff and volunteer breaks for proper hand washing (wash for a minimum of 20 seconds).
3. Increase the visibility and importance of hand washing in the restrooms and throughout the food pantry.
4. Provide gloves to all staff and volunteers.
5. Advise people to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth whenever possible.
We will update this post with any developments that may impact or change our program and continue to take direction from the CDC, Health Department, San Diego Food Bank, Feeding San Diego and other appropriate agencies to ensure we are implementing the appropriate measures to create a safe environment for our staff, volunteers and clients.
|| Angela Brannon-Baptiste