Proclaiming Jesus' love to the RGV
You are invited to serve at the Mercedes Livestock Show booth this year. With SignUp Genius, we have a way to coordinate volunteers to ensure we have the booth manned and avoid "double-booking."This link will be distributed to all possible email addresses.
We are setting up time slots of 3 1/2 hours each. We are asking for two volunteers for each slot. There's enough room for three people.
What will you be doing? Proclaiming God's love in Jesus.
How? Like last year we will be engaging visitors and leading them into a spiritual conversation at our booth in the exhibit hall. (That's where the booth is.)
1. We'll have popcorn and Christian novelty prizes to win if you answer a Bible Trivia Question correctly. (if there are no people waiting in line, let them keep trying until they win)
As you listen to how the visitor answers a question, it will be an opportunity to lead the individual into a deeper spiritual conversation and apply Scripture to the visitor personally. By the Holy Spirit's guidance, you can lead the conversation to the Bible truth of salvation alone in Jesus. Maybe there will be an opportunity for prayer. May the love of God shine through you!
2. For the visitors who want to know more, we'll have an abundance of tracts and Bibles in Spanish and English. As you talk with the visitor, you'll be able to get a better idea of which tract would give greater strengthening.
3. Register people who are looking for a church home so we can follow up.
We'll have a lot of Christian novelties for the kids that they can win along with their bag of popcorn! It should be a lot of fun and you'll have a chance to shine the light of Jesus' love!
What do you do next?
1. Sign up in an open time slot. You can sign up for more than one time slot in as many days as you want.
2. Pick up your season passes at Immanuel Lutheran church's office. The secretary wil be there from 8am-12pm Monday through Friday. If you come after this time or on the weekend, just pick up two tickets for your time slot in the mailbox (leave the others for later volunteers) and head on over to the stockshow. We don't have parking stickers, so you'll have to pay for your parking. If you would like to be reimbursed we'll be glad to do so, or it can be part of your offering to God.
3. Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time so you can find the booth. It will be in the exhibit hall on the south wall near the south west corner.
4. Leave the season passes at the booth and we'll collect them at the end of the day.
If you have any more questions, feel free to call Pastor Weber at 956-463-1305.
Let us make this another successful year for reaching others and sharing the Good News of Christ!
Rio Grande Stock Show Mercedes