Zoo Town Pickleball
In consultation with the Missoula City-County Health Department, we’ve modified our Fall/Winter 2020-2021 pickleball schedule to give players the option to play with some restrictions in place. We understand that changes to rules formats can be tough to understand. However, we are confident players will rise to the occasion and welcome this opportunity to play the sport they enjoy in these extraordinary times. Here’s to a successful season, celebrating the spirit of sport through acceptance, patience, and good sportsmanship. If you’re willing to use physical distancing and are feeling well, please join us for indoor pickleball!
• Players should complete a pre-game health self-assessment before coming to the courts to play. If you are showing symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home until you're feeling better.
• Masks are required at ALL TIMES inside City Life during facilitated pickleball play.
• Players are responsible to self-monitor and wash hands before and after play.
• Players are encouraged to keep a physical distance of 6' or more when possible.
• Shared equipment will be sanitized before and after play, and when conducive, during play.
• Be mindful of touching your face during and after play.
• Balls will be sanitized in between each game.
• Touching paddles handles after games is prohibited.
Sign Ups are open 7 days in advance. All future dates are hidden. Each profile will only be able to reserve 1 slot per sign up.
Each session is $6 or the use of one punch from your punch card.
PLEASE READ REGARDING LEVELED OPEN PLAY AND ROUND ROBIN
In order to ensure a quality pickleball playing experience for everyone, we think it is important for all players to play at the appropriate level. In order to accomplish this, we have set several criteria, which should be met in order to participate at that particular level. We ask that you read these requirements and please play at the level that is appropriate for you. Thanks!
Have at least a 4.0 USAPA rating
Consistently finish in “A” division in tournaments
Finish in the top quarter of the summer doubles ladder (meaning groups 1-3 in a 12 court ladder)
At least a 3.5 official USAPA rating
Consistently finish in the “B” division in tournaments
Finish in the top half of the summer doubles ladder
* Because not everyone has a USAPA rating, we have listed other criteria to determine one’s level. A player should meet at least 2 of the 3 criteria in order to play at that level. We strongly recommend that everyone obtain an official USAPA rating.
INTERMEDIATE PLAY—This level is for those players who may not have a rating, yet have a solid understanding of scorekeeping, strategy and ball placement and have a substantial amount of experience. This is not intended for beginners.
OPEN PLAY—This level is open players of all levels providing you know how to keep score and/or have taken a Learn to Play class. Players are encouraged to play with other players of all ability levels.
Please contact Missoula Parks and Recreation at 406-552-6684 or
[email protected] with any questions. Thank you and have fun! Related files:
Instructions for signing up for slot to play and/or creating a SignUpGenius profile.