Saint Joseph Catholic Community
SCHEDULING THE BAPTISM CEREMONY
Please make sure to have the following items sent to Cathy Nusbaum, the Baptism Coordinator.
- Please make sure to complete the Baptism Register Information Form
- Obtain letters of eligibility for godparents if they are not registered members of St. Joseph Catholic Community. It is preferred that these letters come from the parish in which they are registered. If this is not possible, they may send a copy of their Baptismal or Confirmation Certificates. The letters and the Baptismal/Confirmation Certificates must be mailed to Cathy Nusbaum at least two weeks before the Baptism.
- The role of a godparent is to support the parents in raising the child in the Catholic faith. Although it is customary for parents to choose two godparents, only one is necessary.
- The following guidelines exist for all Catholic parishes: One godparent must be a Catholic who is at least 17 years old. He/she must have received Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation. The second godparent may be a baptized member of another Christian faith tradition.
- There is a Baptism stipend requested to cover Baptism class and ceremonial expenses. Please refer to the cover letter. Please bring this stipend to Baptism Preparation Class or mail it before your child’s Baptism to: Cathy Nusbaum, Baptism Coordinator, St. Joseph Catholic Community, 915 Liberty Road, Eldersburg, Maryland 21784
|| Father John Worgul