Saint Jonah Orthodox Church
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. You are allowed to swap dates with other hosting families later if needed, as a courtesy please communicate with the family whom you would like to swap with before you do so.
To reduce the stress of cooking for a large group of parishioners, the Sisterhood had simplified it by buying precooked food (main course, condiments, coffee creamer, boxed drinks and cookies) in advance, so the hosting families only need to reheat and set up on Sunday.
The total cost per Sunday trapeza is $75.00:
If one family is hositing it, you will reimburse the church $75- if two families are hosting it, each family will reimburse the church $37.50- if three families are hosting it, each family will reimburse the church $25.00. Please put cash or check into the donation box on the serving table.
***As a reminder, each hosting team will coordinate to buy fruit, salad/vegetable for 60-75 servings, you will split the cost amongst your team members.***
HOSTING TEAM'S GUIDELINES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PLEASE ARRIVE AT 8:15 a.m. TO DO YOUR INITIAL SET UP:
1) Set up the buffet tables with dinner and dessert plates, refill flateware and napkins. All paper goods, serving supplies, coffee and black lawn trash bags are located in the "Server's Pantry".
2) If you are serving frozen meat/food, please read the cooking/heating instructions to gauge how much time you will need to heat them up (please refer to the detailed instructions posted on the wall in front of the stove in the kitchen). The oven will be set (by a designated person from the Sisterhood Council) to preheat and timer to start at 10 a.m., then it will be ready for you to start baking after the sermon.
3) Place juice boxes (whole case) at the dessert/drink serving table on the lower level. We keep cases of them on top of the refrigerator.
4) Plug the coffee maker into the surge protector ONLY at this time (8:30 - 9:00 a.m.).
5) Fill the three water pitchers up to the black line mark, cover with paper towels to make coffee after communion.
AFTER THE SERMON (10:00 a.m.):
6a) Start heating frozen food in the oven (please refer to the detailed cooking instructions on the refrigerator door).
6b) Take baked food out of oven and place them into stainless bowls and cover them with aluminum foil to keep them warm on the serving table, depending on cooking time (use your best judgment).
7) Take coffee creamer, drinks, perishable food from the refrigerator to set up the serving tables.
8) Make coffee (see instructions on the wall at the coffee station).
9) Wash, dry and put away dishes- wipe down tables and chairs (if needed). Cleaning supplies are located in the left kitchen cabinet right below the A/C. Dish drying towels, dirty dust cloths, dust and mop pads are to be put into the mop bucket in the cabinet.
10) Wash the coffee carafes with hot water only, no soap needed. Unplug the coffee maker from the surge protector.
11) Sweep the floor, spot mop (if needed).
12) Collect all trash (including the kitchen, bookstore, two restrooms, classroom, and coffee station) and combine them into the large black trash bins (near the dessert/drink serving table). Take trash to the dumpster in the back part of the parking lot.
Kitchen trash bags are located in the left cabinet below the kitchen A/C unit. Black lawn trash bags are located in the "Server's Pantry".
13) Clean 2 bathrooms and refill toilet paper and paper towels. Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels and facial tissues are located under the sink in the middle restroom, and paper towels dispenser's key is hanging on the wall.
|| Matushka Patricia Whiteford