Caring Women's Connection 2017-18
Do you love to cook, do you like grocery shopping, Maybe packing a sack lunch and writing a note of encouragement? Well we have been looking for you!
Below you will find a list of things that will help women at Lake County Haven Thrive in the coming months. We have three opportunities available- choose your specialty and we'll send you any details that are not listed!
These ladies are getting a fresh start and we are so happy you have chosen to partner with CWC to help them on their way!
Questions - call or email me Patty Renz
Can't SERVE THIS TIME BUT WANT TO HELP, MORE DATES COMING IN MAY!
Bagged Lunch Drop Off
Lake County Haven is in need of bagged lunches for the women and children in our shelter. Will you sign up to help provide a pre-packed, nutritious lunch for those in need?
Here's how you can help!
1) Sign up for an available date using the calendar below.
2) Prepare ten bagged lunches, including any type of sandwich, wrap, etc, fruit or salad, and side (chips, nuts, yogurt, veggies, etc.). You may choose to include a drink, such as bottled water, bottled tea, soda or lemonade, if you wish. No desserts, please. Lunches can be bagged in brown bags, grocery bags, or can also be brought to us disassembled (we can assemble in bags at our shelter). We are happy to brainstorm with you to figure out the best way for you to provide items to us. Just give us a call at 847-680-1870!
3) Bring the lunches to our shelter location. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 847-680-1870 to arrange drop off times, and obtain the shelter address.
Location: Call (847) 680-1870 for shelter address
Donate Dinner To Our Shelter
Would you, your family or social group like to support homeless women and children by providing a meal at our shelter in Libertyville? Please help us by signing up below!
Women and children at the Haven absolutely love meal donations! Dinner donations can be arranged for any of the dates below. We ask that meals are dropped off (either hot, or with re-heating instructions) between 5 and 5:30PM on any given day. Please coordinate with our Volunteer Coordinator at 847-680-1870 to make drop-off arrangements.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How many people should the meal serve?
Our main shelter houses 10 women and children, so please plan on preparing food for at least ten people.
What type of meal should I prepare?
Our residents are not picky and love any variety of meals! You can prepare an entree only, or you can provide an entree with salad and a side. Please feel welcome to contact Ashley at 847-680-1870 or [email protected] with additional questions. She can make recommendations based on your interests.
Do any of the residents have food allergies?
Occasionally, we may have residents with food allergies. If that is the case, our Volunteer Coordinator, Ashley, will contact you prior to your meal preparation week.
Will we be able to serve the meal to the residents?
Unfortunately, because of confidentiality purposes, all of our meal donations are "drop off only". If you are interested in seeing the shelter and learning more about the Haven, our Volunteer Coordinator would be happy to take you through the shelter for a tour. Please arrange tours by calling 847-680-1870.
The Lake County Haven relies heavily on the generosity of community members in order to continue our work with homeless women and children. You can be a part of our efforts and mission by signing up to donate two bags of produce/groceries one week out of the year!
It's it's easy as 1 -2 -3, follow the steps below!
1) Sign up for a date using the calendar below. If you cannot make a Wednesday delivery work with your schedule, that's OK! We can also arrange for you to come on a different week night. Coordinate with our Volunteer Coordinator at 847-680-1870.
2) On your date, pick up two bags of produce to donate to the women and children at the Haven.
3) Call Ashley at 847-680-1870 for the drop-off address and deliver the groceries.
Our residents will be so grateful to have nutritious foods to incorporate into their weekly meal planning. Thank you for your generosity and your support of our mission!
Questions? Please contact Volunteer Coordinator at 847-680-1870 and visit our website at www.lakecountyhaven.org.
By signing up below, you are acknowledging that this activity involves driving to and from the grocery store. By signing below, you are also verifying that you have a valid driver's license and that your vehicle is currently insured. The Lake County Haven is not responsible for damages or traffic violations incurred as a result of this volunteer activity.
Location: Call 847-680-1870 for Shelter Address