Urban Farm Volunteer
**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: We have reopened our volunteer opportunities at the farm.
Please note the updated guidelines:
1) If you or someone you live with has exhibited signs/symptoms of COVID-19, please refrain from volunteering with us at this time, but do let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
2) When volunteering, wear gloves and face mask at all times. Both will be provided.
3) After using any tools, spray down handle with farm surface sanitizer spray (provided).
4) On harvest days, only 2 people are allowed in wash house at a time.
5) On greenhouse and propagation days, only 3 people allowed inside at a time.
6) Maintain at least 6' of distance between you and all other people
7) Only 4 people will be allowed to come volunteer at once, please sign up through SignUp Genius, in order to ensure there is space.
Thanks for your understanding, cooperation, and willingness to come help us out on the farm!**
Come volunteer with us at the Urban Teaching Farm! We are excited to receive your help. We broke ground in early November 2018 and are officially a year old. It's spring and there is much to do!
We grow hundreds of pounds of diversified vegetables throughout the year. Carrots to cucumbers, scallions to squash. Most of the produce gets packed into our Harvest Boxes (a 24 week long, weekly box of vegetables for 30 members in 2019). When we have some extra vegetables and extra hands to help harvest, we make sure that produce gets harvested and added to our weekly Produce Giveaways at the farm.
Please show up 15 min prior to your volunteer slot!
If you have a specific date in mind for your group and do not see a time slot available, please reach out and we will see what we can do. We love to share knowledge about farming with groups willing to learn.
Volunteer Coordinator: (336) 430-6070 ext. 1; [email protected]
|| Out of the Garden Project