3200 Wellington Court; Suite 112
Raleigh, NC 27615
What we expect of volunteers:
- Arrive on time and prepared to complete whatever duties necessary, which can include but are not limited to: labeling, cleaning, organizing, stacking, etc. If you (or volunteer) have physical limitations that prevent you from heavy lifting, please indicate in your signup. Refusal to perform reasonable tasks will result in immediate removal from current and all future volunteer opportunities.
- Should you be unable to attend a shift it is your responsibility to delete it from our Signup Genius. No-Shows will be removed from future volunteer shifts on our calendar.
- Volunteers under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. The warehouse is not heated during winter months and only partially air conditioned in the summer.
- If you have a Group Larger than 3 or other specific questions, you can email us at [email protected] to discuss.
What to expect from Rise Against Hunger:
Rise Against Hunger Raleigh Warehouse
- A safe environment for ALL volunteers. For court-ordered community service, we verify all names through the NC Court System and will not accept any volunteers with charges involving violence, theft, sexual assault in accordance with our Safe Space policy.
- We aim for at least 24-hour notice if we have to cancel a volunteer shift. However, please understand there may be circumstances that cause us to cancel shifts last minute.
- The Rise Against Hunger has busy seasons and slow seasons. The availability of volunteer shifts will be dependent on the needs of our warehouse and will vary from month to month.
- A record of your service (on letterhead) will be provided verifying completed volunteer hours, including dates and times. Rise Against Hunger is a Non-Profit / 501(c)(3)
- If you need to complete a large number hours in a strict time frame please visit www.activategood.org , Wake Count Volunteer Resources or Interfaith Food Shuttle for other volunteer opportunities.
3200 Wellington Ct Suite 112, Raleigh, NC 27615
|| Rise Against Hunger