Our House within the Hospital, on the 5th floor of Strong Memorial Hospital, does not have a working kitchen but is equipped with a microwave oven for warming. Yet, we still strive to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner 7-days a week to 1400 families a year. Food must be prepared in catered kitchens to come into the hospital. Our families appreciate the comfort and support provided by groups catering a meal. Without your assistance, two parents/caregivers can spend up to $75 a day on meals while their children are hospitalized. And, many of these families are here for weeks and months.
- Food must be prepared in a licensed kitchen.
- Food can be delivered hot or cold as long as it is fully cooked and can be reheated in our microwave.
- Plan to feed 25-30 people. Please call 585-276-5437 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep your commitment.
- Meals can be delivered any time of the day.
- No serving supplies or beverages are needed.
- Delivery to the hospital is easy. Just pull up to the Golisano Children’s Hospital upper loop on Crittenden Blvd., call the above number and we will come out and pick it up. You are invited to come inside and tour our hospital service facilities.
- If you have any questions about our Cater a Meal Program please call 585-276-5437.
Paige Castle – Development and Community Outreach Coordinator
Email: [email protected]