Eastern Illinois Foodbank
IN LIGHT OF THE CURRENT COVID-19 HEALTH CRISIS IN OUR COMMUNITY, CANCELLATIONS WILL BE MADE ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AND OUR WEBSITE TO KEEP CURRENT ON THE STATUS OF VOLUNTEER EVENTS AS WE CONTINUE TO MAKE DECISIONS TO KEEP OUR COMMUNITY, VOLUNTEERS, AND STAFF SAFE WHILE PROVIDING MUCH-NEEDED RESOURCES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING.
Foodmobiles are mobile food pantries focused on alleviating hunger among vulnerable populations in rural and under-served communities. Volunteers are needed to set up the food distribution area, hand out product to recipients, help recipients carry product to their cars, and clean up after distribution is complete. Every distribution has at least one Captain. This is a volunteer who has been trained on Foodmobile distributions and will be the main contact and volunteer coordinator on the day of the distribution. All volunteers should meet at the Foodmobile site. A short orientation will be provided by a Foodmobile Captain or EIF Staff member on-site at that time. A sensitivity of working with vulnerable clients and respect for all is requested. Our ultimate goal is to create an environment where people are comfortable enough to accept help.
Please be sure you have filled out our volunteer registration form before attending any volunteer opportunity.
Volunteers must be at least 10 years old to repack. Children 10-13 years old must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult per child).
BEFORE YOU VOLUNTEER, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Please fill out our volunteer registration form before volunteering at a Foodmobile.
- Proper attire for volunteer activities: t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, shorts and closed-toe shoes. Volunteers wearing sandals, flip flops or other open-toes shoes will not be allowed to participate in volunteer activities. All distributions are held rain or shine!
- Please arrive on time. Explaining instructions to one full group is easier on us and expedites the set up process allowing for distribution to happen on time and in an efficient manner. Volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the distribution site. Please park away from the main entrance.
- Any volunteer 10- 13 should be accompanied by a responsible adult; one adult per each child. We regret we cannot accommodate volunteers under the age of 10 for Foodmobile activities.
- We heavily depend on volunteers to make our Foodmobiles a success so if you can't attend please delete your sign up through SignUpGenius.
By registering for this activity you are also agreeing to the Eastern Illinois Foodbank's liability agreement:
I hereby accept and assume full responsibility for any injury I might suffer while volunteering at Eastern Illinois Foodbank of Urbana, Illinois. I also give permission to Foodbank staff to seek treatment in case of injury and to take other action should medical emergency arise. I waive and release my right for damages. Injury for Minors: I give permission to the Foodbank staff to seek treatment in case of injury to my son/daughter and allow them to take other action should medical emergency arise. I waive and release my right for damages.
I grant to the Eastern Illinois Foodbank, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with my volunteer service at the Eastern Illinois Foodbank. I authorize the Eastern Illinois Foodbank, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that the Eastern Illinois Foodbank may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
By signing up, I verify that I have read and agree to the policies in this form.
If you are interested in additional volunteer opportunities, please check out our website here.
|| Eastern Illinois Foodbank