Eastern Illinois Foodbank
Volunteers are needed to evaluate, sort and stock grocery product in our warehouse. Volunteers will be orientated by an EIF staff member to ensure proper food safety procedures are met.
Please be sure you have filled out our volunteer registration form before attending any volunteer opportunity.
Volunteers must be at least 10 years old to repack. Children 10-13 years old must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult per child).
Please read the Rules for Food Handlers before signing up to volunteer:
- All persons entering the facility must notify an EIF Staff Member of any relevant infectious disease or condition to which you may have been exposed.
- Food Handlers are not to do anything to contaminate the food that they are handling, or in any way jeopardize the health of the persons who will consume it.
- Food Handlers must keep hands and fingernails clean.
- Food Handlers must keep hands away from nose, mouth, and hair, and must not touch pimples or sores on their skin, or any unclean surface.
- Food Handlers having open sores, complaining of illness, or infected with a communicable disease must not handle food.
- Food Handlers must wear closed toe shoes.
- Food Handlers must not chew gum while handling food.
- Food Handlers must not wear loose or dangling jewelry on their clothes or person.
- Food Handlers must not wear wooly sweaters or outer garments that have long strands, or anything that might work loose and fall into the foods.
- Food Handlers must refrain from carrying pencils, glasses, cigarettes, etc., in pockets above the waist or should take precaution to make certain that they do not fall into the food.
- Any food or product contact surface that has come into contact with blood or any other bodily fluid must be brought to the attention of an EIF Staff Member and disposed of immediately.
By registering for this activity you are also agreeing to the Eastern Illinois Foodbank's liability agreement:
I hereby accept and assume full responsibility for any injury I might suffer while volunteering at Eastern Illinois Foodbank of Urbana, Illinois. I also give permission to Foodbank staff to seek treatment in case of injury and to take other action should medical emergency arise. I waive and release my right for damages. Injury for Minors: I give permission to the Foodbank staff to seek treatment in case of injury to my son/daughter and allow them to take other action should medical emergency arise. I waive and release my right for damages.
I grant to the Eastern Illinois Foodbank, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with my volunteer service at the Eastern Illinois Foodbank. I authorize the Eastern Illinois Foodbank, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that the Eastern Illinois Foodbank may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
By signing up, I verify that I have read and agree to the policies in this form.
Location: Eastern Illinois Foodbank, 2405 North Shore Drive, Urbana, IL 61802
If you are interested in additional volunteer opportunities, please check out our website here.
Eastern Illinois Foodbank, 2405 North Shore Drive, Urbana, IL 61802
||Eastern Illinois Foodbank