Our Daily Bread provides breakfast to those in need in our community and is served at First Baptist (downtown). Athens First United Methodist Church has a number of dates to serve at this ministry, and volunteers are needed!
You may have served at Our Daily Bread in the past with a group, but you are invited to sign up to serve individually--you will not be alone! If you have a heart to serve in this ministry, please sign up!
Volunteering at Our Daily Bread for BREAKFAST includes:
- Preparing/providing meals for ~70 community guests. Meals can be dropped off at First Baptist Church at 7:15 a.m.on your date OR during lunch service (12:00 -1:00 p.m.) the day before your date. The number of guests will be confirmed prior to your volunteer date.
- At this time, meals are served to-go in a "brown bag" style. For breakfast, there are a variety of options for putting toether your bags:
- Put together COLD bags: Containing nonperishable and/or refrigerated items (ex. muffin, granola bar, fruit, yogurt) – can be dropped off morning of OR day before
- Put together a combination COLD & HOT bags: Containing nonperishable and/or refrigerated items with the addition of a hot breakfast sandwich (ex. fruit, muffin, hot biscuit**) – can be dropped off morning of
- Cook an entirely HOT meal: Cook at First Baptist and serve in a to-go box (ex. eggs, grits, bacon, biscuit) – all done the morning of
- Cater a HOT meal: options from Jason’s Deli, Panera), **Biscuits: Bread Basket on Chase St., McDonalds) – can be dropped off OR delivered the morning of
If you are interested in more information about catering, please contact Sarah Beth Barger.
Contact: Sarah Beth Barger | [email protected] | 706-543-1442