Each year, Rainbow Days provides stockings filled with fun items and essential necessities to homeless children and families in the Dallas area. This year our goal is to provide these items to over 1,000 children, youth and parents! We need YOUR HELP to make the holidays bright for these special children and families.
The safety of the children and families we serve is always our top priority; therefore, we have decided to forgo our annual celebratory event. However, we want to make sure the children and families know we are thinking of and care about each of them during this difficult time. We need your help to let homeless families know, especially now, that we haven't forgotten them this holiday season.
Each child will receive a stocking to brighten their holiday season, and every donation will help make a difference!
- We ask that all donations are brought to the Rainbow Days main office (8150 North Central Expressway, Suite M1003, Dallas, TX 75206) by Friday, December 4, 2020. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm. Our office will be closed November 25-27.
- To ensure we have enough every homeless child, please feel free to share this information with your family, friends, and work associates.
- If would like to volunteer to organize and/or deliver stockings and have not registered, upon completion of your selections below, you may select the volunteer tab above.
- No time to shop? Donate $25 towards a stocking HERE http://rainbowdays.org/donate/
For any questions, please e-mail Kelly Wierzbinski at [email protected] or Sunni Roaten at [email protected]
PREPARING YOUR GIFT BAG:
- Please see the section you registered for instructions on how to secure, mark, and what to include in each stocking. We find that it is easier to deliver your stocking in a gift bag for safe transport.
- Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
Check List (each stocking/bag MUST include) Unisex Items Preferred:
- 1 Gift bag (include all items below and tie shut)
- 1 Stocking (please make all stockings unisex)
- 1 Fleece Throw Blanket (50 inches x 60 inches)
- 1 Knit Hat
- 1 Pair of Gloves
- 1 Scarf
- 1 Pair of Socks
- 1 Small Christmas/Holiday book
- 1 Christmas/Holiday Coloring or Activity Book
- 1 Set of Crayons
- 1 Set of Markers
- 1 Sheet of Christmas/Holiday Stickers
- 1 Christmas/Holiday Pen
- 1 Hot chocolate mix single serving
- 1 or 2 Holiday/Christmas stocking stuffer / novelty items. Example: Snowman Bubbles. Oriental Trading is great place to order items. (http://www.orientaltrading.com/)
- 2-3 pieces of Candy (no nuts or gum)
- 1 Chapstick
- 1 Small Bag of Chips
- 1 Handheld Travel game (A small game or something to play with that’s easily carried. Oriental Trading is great place to order items. (http://www.orientaltrading.com/)
The site lists the actual number of stockings needed. To ensure we have the correct numbers, please indicate the number of stocking(s) you are bringing. Please let us know if you have any questions. See above for a list of items to go into each stocking, and click "Sign Up" below to register the number of stockings you are bringing.
Delivered completed stockings/bags to Rainbow Days (8150 N Central Expressway, Suite M1003, Dallas, TX 75206) by 12/4/20.