2021 Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile & 100k Trail Race, takes place in Huntsville State Park
Join us at the Nature Center Aid Station for this World Class Ultra Running Event! We are looking for volunteers to help staff this fun loving aid station. No need to worry if you have no running or aid station experience, the only experience required is to know how to have fun!
Do you need Volunteer hours? Then this is the place to get them, we can sign-off on your needed hours!
February 6-7, 2021
30 Hour Time Limit for runners to finish 100 miles and 29 hours to finish 100k!
Race start time for 100 mile 6am for the 100k 7am both on Saturday morning
Both races end at 2pm Sunday
The Nature Center Aid Station gets started at 5am Saturday, and closes at 11am Sunday
Due to Covid the following needs to happen
- We will need volunteers to keep their masks on the whole time they are serving runners.
- We will require runners to use their face covering when they approach the aid station.
- Crews and Spectators must cover their faces around aid stations.
- We will provide a good number of extra masks and plastic gloves.
- We will encourage runners to self-support or otherwise give grace to the volunteers who will likely take a bit longer to get things done than a normal year.
- If a volunteer feels comfortable grabbing someone’s drop bag, they can ask a runner if he or she would like them to go snag it or if he or she prefers to get it on their own.
- We will have thin clear painters tarp pulled between the serving tables and tent tops to create a barricade.
- If volunteers fill comfortable being in front of the tarp it’s fine with us. But they need to ask approaching runners if they’re good getting served face-to-face.
- If so, they can fill their bottles and bladders with pitchers.
- If not we will have 2 pump sprayers per aid station. You can fill water from those from behind the painters tarp.
- One pump sprayer for water. One for Tailwind.
- Ice needs to be placed in a paper boat and slid across the table for the runner to fill their own bladder or bottle from. The paper boat acts as a funnel.
- All food needs to be put in plastic baggies before racers arrive
- I’ll be sending a new schedule for this year very soon. We’ll need a few volunteers to arrive early at each aid station, so food items can be prepped.
- We will provide each aid station with long handled grabbers also. These can be used to slide food in baggies, hot food in paper boats, ice in paper boats, and soup in styrofoam cups.
- We will provide trash bags at the edge of each aid station. No cups or boats allowed up trail.
General Volunteer Responsibilities
Hand out food & drinks
Keep the table stocked
Cook hot foods/drinks
Cut oranges, melons, bananas
And whatever you can to take care of the runners
We are not asking anyone to be there all 30 hours, but you are welcome if you would like to. What we are asking is, 4-5 hour of your time in shifts. The only thing hard about working an aid station is keeping it fun and really how hard is having fun!
So come join the fun and cheer on some amazing athletes!
Covid Plan: https://www.tejastrails.com/covid
Camping Reservations for Rocky Raccoon 100: If you would like to camp, you will need to book a campsite via the following link.
Any questions, please email us: [email protected]
Nature Center Aid Station
|| Tony Constanzo