Welcome to the Habitat For Humanity signup site for members of the Fairfax Interfaith Coalition for Habitat* (FICH). You will see below some MONTHLY BuildDay opportunities: usually on Saturdays, Wednesdays, or Fridays. (You may also see some BuildDays or slots designated only for certain congregations.) If all the slots on any BuildDay are taken, you can sign up to be on the Wait List - we clear these on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis.
We're glad you're here. Remember: no experience is necessary - we train you and provide all tools and equipment! So, grab your jeans and t-shirt (or other gear depending on weather and work) - and find a date below. Please note that Habitat requires a minimum age of 16 to volunteer on construction sites.
Steps to sign up:
- If this is your first experience on a Habitat Build, please watch the following safety orientation video prior to your first BuildDay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_VH0Fh2I0o.
- Sign up for your BuildDay below - note the build site locations vary by date.
- Some time prior to your BuildDay:
- download the BuildDay Volunteer Guide for the build site (see "Related Files" section below). It contains site-specific directions and other information you will need.
- download, print, and sign the Volunteer Waiver and bring it with you on your BuildDay.
The FICH Coordinator for your BuildDay will be in contact with you and other volunteers about a week before the work date to update you on any details and the work you may be doing on that day.
We currently have the following Build projects on the schedule:
- Donora: a new single family home in Alexandria
- Frye: a single family home rehab in Alexandria
Workday hours are generally 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Bring your own lunch unless told otherwise. Also, bring your signed waiver.
Your FICH Congregation coordinators are happy to take questions or assist in any way:
Andrew Chapel UMC: Linda Austin ( lindajaustin1 AT gmail DOT com )
Immanuel Presbyterian: Nathan Weiss ( nathan DOT weiss AT gmail DOT com )
Lewinsville Presbyterian: Mary Frase ( maryjfrase AT gmail DOT com )
McLean Baptist: Sonia Myrick ( ksmyrick AT verizon DOT net )
Redeemer Lutheran: Ellen Kennedy ( ellen DOT Kennedy AT cox DOT net )
St. Anne's Episcopal: Ann Granger ( annthepotter AT gmail DOT com )
St. Francis Episcopal: Phil Pifer ( philipjpifer AT mac DOT com )
St. John's Episcopal: Jack Hannon ( jackhannon86 AT gmail DOT com )
* We recently changed our name from McLean Interfaith Coalition to Fairfax Interfaith Coalition for Habitat to better reflect the locations of our volunteer congregations and our focus on supporting Habitat for Humanity NOVA.
|| Habitat-Interfaith Coalition