McCall Garden Watering, Harvesting and Weeding Team
The McCall Green Team is looking for volunteers that can commit to helping care for the McCall School raised planter beds during the summer for each of the weeks during summer break. The storage box for the garden is located on the northwest corner of the building behind the row of shrubs. The combination on the padlock is 14-24-06. The faucet bibb is located to the left of the 7th Street entrance to the building. The green hose in the storage box is long enough to reach to the beds or for filling the water barrels. The hose bibb key used for turning on the faucet is a metal "X" shaped tool with square keyholes. It is stored in the storage box in the front right corner.
Weekly Tasks include:
- watering beds when needed
- acquiring hose(s) from the storage box and attaching to the faucet - make sure to turn it tight so that it doesn't leak,
- using the hose bibb key to turn on the faucet and watering until the water runs out of the weep holes on the sides of the beds about 4 inches down (indicating that the reservoir is full)
- harvesting vegetables (Yum!)
- planting when space is available
- filling the water barrels
Beds should only need to be filled with the hose once per week with minimal rainfall or twice per week with no rainfall and hot days. Please make sure materials are secured after use.
Questions- email Mr. Knoflicek at [email protected]
|| Scott Knoflicek