Auditions are now open for Quincy Community Theatre's Miss Nelson is Missing!
Miss Nelson is Missing! is an adaptation of Harry Allard's classic children's book by playwright Jeffrey Hatcher. It is a comedic mystery set primarily in an elementary school classroom; therefore, most of the roles are young children (to be performed by slightly older student performers!). We are also casting two adult roles, one (1) male and one (1) female. All rehearsals and performances will be virtual.
If interested in auditioning, take note of the following:
- As this is a "virtual" performance, you must have access to a computer or tablet with a functional camera and microphone. If this will prohibit you from participating, please contact QCT.
- Similarly, you must have access to reliable internet service to participate in the virtual rehearsals and the performance recording. If this will prohibit you from participating, please contact QCT.
- Dates of commitment are January 29 - March 12, 2020, three to five days out of the week. The specific times of rehearsals will be based around the actors' availability, as much as possible.
- Auditions will be held as individual 15-minute sessions via Zoom video chat. Instructions on accessing the appropriate Zoom meeting room will be sent to you prior to the audition.
- To prepare for the audition, please read the entire script:
Specific pages that will be used for the audition will be announced at a later date. Check the QCT website and/or Facebook page.
- Performers in grade 4 through 8, of all experience levels, are welcome to audition for the student roles.
- Adult performers 18 and up, of all experience levels, are welcome to audition for the adult roles.
Miss Nelson can't catch a break from her crazy, misbehaved class. But when she mysteriously goes missing-- and, worst of all, is replaced by the vile Miss Swamp-- this cast of colorful classmates bands together to get to the bottom of this "elementary" mystery.
|| Quincy Community Theatre