UUCB grounds volunteers
Thanks for helping care for our holly bushes and ferns near the main entrance!
NOTE: The signup suggests watering on Sunday morning, but this could be done either Saturday or Sunday morning. (It will take about 45 minutes to soak the plants during dry weeks.) The same hose will be in use during the week to water the church garden tower, as needed, so watering the holly bushes cannot be done on weekdays. (Go to https://tinyurl.com/UUCB-2020-GardenTower if you can help with that once in a while too!)
Steps to water the holly bushes and ferns:
- turn on the water at the spigot under the kitchen window, using the allen wrench in the hose reel;
- take the hose around to the two hollies to the left and turn the nozzle at the end to make a steady but fairly gentle stream;
- alternate between those two and the three at the east end until are soaked;
- close nozzle, pull the hose back along the church wall (no need to reel it in);
- fully turn off the water (you'll get splashed as the extra water is released!);
- return the allen wrench to the shelf on the hose reel.
If weekend watering is something you could help with, please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up for the weeks you will water the bushes and ferns if needed. You will be emailed reminders close to dates you select.
Molly O'Donnell, UU Church Grounds Chair
near main entrance
|| Connections Coordinator