opportunities to serve
Sunday Service Greeters/Ushers are often a first interaction a visitor to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Nashua encounters.
A friendly smile, warm “Good Morning, Welcome!” and an offer of the Order of Service is the perfect introduction. Guiding visitors/newcomers to the Information Table will assist them in meeting more friendly faces and feeling comfortable.
As a Greeter/Usher, please be at the back of the sanctuary at 9:30 a.m. to begin handing out the orders of Service.
(Some find it easiest to stay near the back of the sanctuary during the entire service, but it is your preference.)
- Wearing a Greeter button,
- Directing newcomers to our Family Corner or baby/toddler childcare room for children under 3 yrs; offering directions to coat closets and restrooms as needed,
- Opening and closing the French doors at the rear of the sanctuary when the children exit for classes,
- Managing the collection baskets during the Offering, and
- Counting the number of folks in the Sanctuary.
Sanctuary of UU Church of Nashua