House of Mercy
House of Mercy is in need of daily volunteers! Please sign up for a 3hr shift AFTER you read the guidelines below! Volunteer position descriptions follow.
1) You must be 16yo or older, able to follow directions, work independently, and lift 50lbs or more to volunteer alone. Younger volunteers welcomed, but must be accompanied by a guardian at all times. If you are 17yo or YOUNGER, your guardian MUST complete our Consent Form for Minors here: https://houseofmercyva.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/MINOR-VOLUNTEER-AGREEMENT.pdf
2) During this time we are not requiring background checks for volunteers, but we are mandating that each volunteer read our volunteer handbook before coming in. If you sign up below it means you have read, understood, and agreed to all the rules in our handbook. You can find our volunteer handbook here: https://houseofmercyva.org/get-involved/volunteer/. Anyone found in conflict of House of Mercy's required volunteer guidelines and conduct will be asked to leave immediately.
3) You must also adhere to all guidelines that are posted, which will include wearing your own face covering, wearing gloves, and keeping a 6ft distance from others at all times. These requirements are subject to change at any time.
4) You must sign in upon arrival at the Sign-In Station in the foyer between the Thrift Store and Donation Center. You may ask any staff member where to go to sign in if you do not know where this is.
5) By participating as a volunteer, you give permission for House of Mercy to take video and photographs to utilize in future media and promotion. If you do not wish to have your photograph taken, please notify a staff member prior to your shift and we will make arrangements.
We have 4 volunteer opportunites available right now. Their descriptions follow. Please sign up for one that you'd like to do and think you'd do well!
House of Mercy Food Pantry
1) Pantry Assistant (Packing pre-made distribution bags, unpacking and organizing food donations, cleaning, and organizing pantry)
2) Food Packer (Packing rice, beans, and cereal for distribution)
3) Donation Center Worker (Sorting, pricing, hanging, and running donations)
4) Thrift Store Helper (Working the register, monitoring the door, tidying up loose items, and unloading items from the Donation Center)
8170 Flannery Ct, Manassas, VA 20109