Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 8th annual Aidnow event, JUMP START. This event is organized to benefit the 800+ homeless students K-12th grade in Virginia Beach and provide them a JUMP START on the new school year. With all our amazing partners this year we will be able to again provide these students with backpacks, school supplies, health and beauty products, snacks and haircuts from a local stylists/barbers all free of charge. Every year this event is truly a life changing experience for these kids and of course for all of us at Aidnow and our wonderful volunteers. Below is a link to a video to show you just a little bit of how JUMP START truly makes a difference for all involved:
The location for the event this year is Corporate Landing Middle School this year. It has easy access to public transportation and is centrally located to help accommodate all the families.
Here is the list of the volunteer shifts for JUMP START this year:
JUMP START EVENT SET UP is Wednesday, August 22nd. We are in need for volunteers for the following slots to set up for our event. (Minors 13 and up are allowed to volunteer on Setup Day but must be accompanied by an adult.)
- 8:30-12:00 Unload Truck and Setup Tables
JUMP START EVENT is Thursday August 23rd, we are looking for volunteers for the following slots (must be 18 years or older to voluteer of the day of the event):
- 8:30am -2:00pm- Intro/Set up and first shift
- 1:00pm-6:00pm -Second shift and breakdown
* Volunteers of 13 and up can participate on 8/22 for load in (all minors must have an adult present to volunteer)
* Must be 18 or older to participate on day of the JUMP START Event 8/23
* Must agree to confidentiality/privacy statements to help protect those families that will be attending this event. At this time this agreement will not be in a written form but one may be required day of the event.
* Volunteers must be ready to shower these families with love, hope, and support. We want to send these students back to school with lots of cool stuff but mostly, an improved self image/self esteem and a hope for a prosperous/successful school year.
If you are able to volunteer please continue to the sign up sheet and pick a day and time that works best for you. Detailed information will be sent out a little closer to the event that will outline parking arrangements, attire, confirming your shift time/responsibilities and all the specifics you need so please provide your email address. We will also have Aidnow shirts for sale on load in day and the day of the event for a discounted price.
Any question about volunteering or how you can help, please feel free to email me at [email protected]
| Misty Thomas
Corporate Landing Middle School
|| Crystal Lockhart