Byron Nelson Bobcat Band
Chaperones ride the bus to/from games and contests and must be able to stay for the entire event.
The following is a general list of duties expected of a chaperone:
- Head count prior to departing BNHS and prior to leaving the stadium. (section leaders can help with this)
- Monitor student behavior and assist with any issues that may arise during the game ot on the bus.
- Assist with plumes, music folders, and props when needed.
- Help distribute food and drinks to students if a meal is provided.
- Distribute snacks on the bus ride home from games, and collect all trash to be removed from the bus.
- Check the buses after students have departed for any leftover trash or personal belongings. Return lost and found items to the band hall if you are unable to locate their owner.
All volunteers are required to complete a Volunteer Background Check through NISD each school year.
Younger children or additional passengers may not accompany the chaperones on buses.
Specific bus requests may not be able to be accommodated.
**Specific departure times will be announced closer to the date when the directors are given our performance time. Generally, contest days are a full day commitment.
If you have an emergency, and you can not fulfill your commitment to be a chaperone, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator: Wendy Van Norden 817-703-3524 ASAP!