Byron Nelson Bobcat Band
Chaperones ride the bus to/from games and contests and must stay for the entire event.
The following is a general list of duties expected of a chaperone:
- Head count prior to departing BNHS and prior to leaving the stadium.
- Monitor student behavior and assist with any issues that may arise during the game or on the buses.
- Assist with plumes, music folders, and props when needed.
- Distribute snacks to students on the bus ride home from games, and collect all trash to be removed from the bus.
- Check the buses after students have departed for any leftover trash or personal belongings. Return items to lost and found in the band hall if you are unable to locate their owner
All volunteers are required to complete a Volunteer Background Check through NISD.
Younger children or additional passengers may not accompany chaperones on buses.
Although we will try our best, specific bus requests may not be able to be accommodated.
**Specific departure times are TBD and will be updated as dates get closer.
If you have an emergency, and you can not fulfill your commitment to be a chaperone, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator: Wendy Van Norden 817-703-3524 ASAP!